Wine tourism in Barcelona: the Penedes
The sun, old vineyards and excellent local food are the bullet points of this itinerary. In addition, a friendly and knowledgeable guide will be the icing of the cake for a perfect day out of the city.
In this tour of the Penedes area you will:
- Learn all about the Cava (Champagne’s cousin) in a family run cellar. You will taste their cavas and wines paired with local food. You won’t need to eat after the visit.
- Visit the first organic wine maker in Spain. How did they start? When? Was organic trendy? The answers: the day of the tour.
- Explore Sitges, a charming town bathed by the Mediterranean. Its white buildings and its narrow streets will unveil its history.
This tour has been created for wine and food lovers willing to go out of beaten paths.
What will I see in this Penedes Wine Tour?
The guide and the driver will meet you at your accommodation to head towards our first destination: a family run winery only 45 minutes away from Barcelona. You’ll visit their facilities, learn how the cava is produced, the history of the family and, of course, you will taste their wines and sparklings. Local food will be served with the wines, this way, you won’t need to have lunch after the visit.
Afterward, we’ll head towards the first organic wine maker in Spain. This is still a family run business and they’ll be glad to welcome you in their home. The smell of the wood and the coolness of the cellar will unveil some particularities of their know-how. At the end of the visit, you will taste three wines.
The last part of the tour will be a nice stroll around the town of Sitges. Bathed by the Mediterraneans, this was a popular holiday destination among the barcelonian bourgeosie at the beginning of the 20th century. We can still breath this laid back atmosphere along the narrow streets and blue patios.
Is this a chauffeured tour?
Yes. Actually it would take a while to reach the wineries by public transportation and there is no connection between them and Sitges. This is the reason why we propose this tour as a guided and chauffeured tour. As a result, you will enjoy every minute of your day out of town while we take care of all the logistics.
What kind of food we will be eating?
We propose local food to pair this great wines and cavas produced out of local grape varieties. Bread with tomato, fuet, ham, cheese, croquettes and spanish omelette as well as some salad are the ingredients of a great lunch. And all of them locally made in Sant Sadurní d’Anoia, the capital of the cava region.
Why the Penedes area?
This wine region is one of the oldest in Europe. Back in Roman times, some wines produced there were sent to the Emperor! Actually, the name of Sitges, means something like Amphoras, because it was the port used to sent it to italy. Nowadays, the area has over 300 cellars producing wines and cava and they are famous worldwide thanks to the awards they win year after year.
Price per group (1-6 people)
- A Private Tour Guide just for you and your party. You won’t be sharing your guide with strangers.
- A private vehicle with a professional driver for the tour.
- A brunch in the first winery (you won’t need luch after that) as well as the visit+tasting at the second winery
- The VAT is included in the price as well. We are a 100% legal company.
- There are no extra expenses for this tour.
- Just click the button Book Now located on the right. This will lead you towards our on-line booking system where you will choose the date, the hour and the number of people in the party.
- The entrance fees to the cellars will be added at the final invoice.
- Once all the details confirmed, you will be asked for the on-line payment. We use an encrypted system managed by Bookeo.
- Before confirming any booking we strongly advise reading our Terms and Conditions.
Yes! I want to book this Tour
Hello! I have a question
Duration: 9 hours
Meeting Point: at your accomodation
Explore the Penedès Area
Price: 1575€ / price per group (1-6)
Are you on a cruise-ship? In this case, the meeting point would be at the Pier. The guide will wait for you at the exit of the ship holding a sign with your name on it. The driver and the vehicle will be there as well in order maximize your time.
Anna was great! She was informative without being boring, catered to our specific sight-seeing requests, and kept us fully enlightened and entertained. How this woman has so much knowledge, I don’t know! She literally had the answer to every single question we had. We stopped for a coffee mid-way as she could sense we were getting tired from walking and I enjoyed chatting to her socially. I 100% recommend her for anyone going to Barcelona!
We engaged Anna for a 3 days private tour in Barcelona. She is very dedicated and knowledgeable on every places of interest in Barcelona. When my child wasn’t feeling too well during the trip, she was flexible and accommodative to our last minute changes and requests. My family truly enjoyed our trip in Barcelona and had a wonderful time spent with Anna. If you are looking for customized private tour, Anna will be the best person to engage!!
We concur with all the previous wonderful reviews of Anna and her team. We ended up having three tours with Anna and each one was different, informative and superb. If you would prefer to soak in the city and keep your nose out of the guide books and maps contact Barcelonina. Our trip to Spain had been derailed but once we contacted Jordi, everything started to improve. These folks have it together, make great suggestions on what to do and are patient with letting you make up your mind. Barcelona would not have been nearly as fascinating without them.